Online Job For you & Me

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Writers Aid

Article Writer Management System

Thursday, March 29

Old and Alone

Sometimes I imagine growing old alone because it never reached in my mind to get married and have a partner but a baby? YES! LOL... Though I'm still too young to think of that I can't help to think about it.

My mum have a sister who is in her late 50s and she has no family of his own except us. I pity her because she is getting older and she is has no pension to support her or even children who can take good care of her.

These past few days, my mum and I aare discussing the possibilities that she might live with us. My mum is 10 years older than her and I think my mum feels like she is responsible for her sister but I think she is hesitant because I know she is thinking that she should consult my other siblings too.

This made me realize that it is so hard if you dont have someone when you grow older.Especially in our country, Philippines, were we have a high respect for our elders and close familu ties; we are accustomed to take care of our parents when they are old or grand parents. It is not in our culture to put them in the home for aged. It feels like disrepectful and I think it still lonely.

I feel sad for my auntie but she is also hesitant to move here. Being old is a sad moment in life but it becomes heartbreaking when you are alone.



Sent from my Sony Ericsson Aspen™

No comments:

Post a Comment