Online Job For you & Me

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Writers Aid

Article Writer Management System

Sunday, July 31

Power Interruption - Pain in the Head

For someone who is working at home flow of electricity and internet is really the life of the work. My place is not really like the big city but it has a good flow of electricity and internet except to those times that the electric company has to shut down the electricity for the change of power. It is really pain in the head when the company has to change the power without notifying us and when the power is interrupted I have so many things that are pending. 

I can say that this is one of the disadvantages when you are working at home since you will be greatly affected if there are power interruptions. Though sometimes our power interruption is not that long but what don't makes it pain in the head is that they didn't give any notifications. That is why I bought a device named Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) where I can plug all the things I needed to make things going even if I encounter power interruption.


An uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power sourceUPS or battery/flywheel backup, is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically the utility mains, fails. A UPS differs from an auxiliary oremergency power system or standby generator in that it will provide instantaneous or near-instantaneous protection from input power interruptions by means of one or more attached batteries and associated electronic circuitry for low power users, and or by means of diesel generators and flywheels for high power users. The on-battery runtime of most uninterruptible power sources is relatively short—5–15 minutes being typical for smaller units—but sufficient to allow time to bring an auxiliary power source on line, or to properly shut down the protected equipment.
While not limited to protecting any particular type of equipment, a UPS is typically used to protect computersdata centers,telecommunication equipment or other electrical equipment where an unexpected power disruption could cause injuries, fatalities, serious business disruption or data loss. (Source: Wikipedia)

Lately, buying a UPS did really help me. I am able to save my work before the computer shut down and my internet connection does not disconnect immediately since I plug it to my UPS. It is really been a great help for me this days especially when we have meetings online and there's a power interruption, I can easily notify my employer that we have a change power or short power interruption without notice and only my UPS functions. In that case, my employer has a time to reschedule the meeting with me or we just wait for the power to come back with my UPS covering the short loss of power.


No comments:

Post a Comment